Saturday, November 29, 2008

Freeroll Tournaments For The Birds


It has become a new pet project of mine to try and generate a brand new roll from nothing. That is right. I am trying once again to do the nearly impossible. Going to see if the Chris Ferguson Challenge is viable once again. I have to say I feel like a complete bird.


The good news is, I continue to hear from friends that it is possible. Just call me stubborn, don't think it is. I know, I know Ferguson did it and he is a much better player than I. Perhaps that is true or perhaps it isn't. We shall see.


Additionally, it doesn't seem to take too much time out of any day as of yet because I am continually faced with ridiculous situations while playing. Here is what happened yesterday.


I was on the button with pocket kings. Some person in middle position goes all in, as they often do in freerolls with any two cards. I am not folding so I call, which also puts me all in. He shows down A,4 off. For just a fleeting moment I feel as though I am in good shape and have the belief that I am going to double up.


Shortly thereafter I am filled with doubt. This is after all the world of online miracle play. The flop comes down 10, 10, 9. I know immediately that one of the blinds must have folded a ten. How do I know that? I just do. You never get a free walk with a monster pocket pair on this site. I am filled with joy once again and the belief there is hope for my future. I have visions of actually making it into the money and walking away with a dollar.


All hope immediately goes out the window when the A hits on the turn. Of course. Why shouldn't it? It's only the two of us in the hand anyway. Good for him. That didn't take too long. My adventure will continue shortly. Can't wait to see how many years it will take me to make a dollar.

No comments: