Sunday, November 30, 2008

Poker Online Bites Again


The continuing journey to amass some kind of role out of nothing continued last night. I took a swing at an Omaha H/L tourney. It was going relatively alright for a short while until I realized something that was beginning to drive me batty. How many times can two or three of us be dealt A,2 at the same time? That is all I want to know.


It seemed uncanny how often the program would dish that hand to multiple players at the same time. I started to wonder if there were more than four of each of those cards in the deck. I don't think I received the A,2 combination and was in play once without somebody else having it. I'm sure one of the times I got it and wasn't in play I may have been alone but who knows.


Also entertaining was the play back I would receive from these comrades in arms. It wasn't enough that multiple players would get dealt the same hand as I, but they play with blinders on. They raise and reraise once they make the low hand not wondering why three other players are calling them. Can you say drawn and QUARTERED!! There is no learning from the experience either for them. But hey, I wanted to try this out and I'm sticking to it. I will let you know when I make five bucks.


Going to the home game tonight. Got some great suggestions from you guys about some new games to try out and I will let you know how they pan out. Until then, keep your eyes on your chips.

No comments: