Monday, January 19, 2009

Chris Ferguson Freeroll Challenge


The saga continues. As I have mentioned in the past, I am continuing to try to match Chris Ferguson's incredible achievement of building a $10k roll from nothing. I am the first to admit that I am not at Chris Ferguson's level as of yet but I am extremely interested in seeing the viability of getting to somewhere from nothing.


The challenge continues to be surviving beyond the initial freeroll. I have been playing a little on Poker Stars as of late because I have found that surviving the freerolls on other sites has been next to impossible. With the initial freeroll on Poker Stars you can win a ticket to another tournament where there is a chance to finish in the money. I am not sure if Ferguson took this route initially. I believe he played on Full Tilt where there may have been money waiting at the end of the initial freeroll.


I have managed to acquire a few tickets to subsequent tournaments with payouts. The best finish I have had so far in those subsequent tournaments is a winning of $1. Needless to say, it has been tough. Playing the micro games afterwards with Chris Ferguson's rules I haven't been able to move forward. That is proving to be the hardest part to date. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them.


Anyway, I considered surviving the freerolls an accomplishment since everyone playing doesn't care and you really have to play solid AND get lucky to survive. I will keep you posted how this plays out.

No comments: