Saturday, January 10, 2009

Freeroll Tournament Potential Winnings


A considerable amount of time has passed since last I wrote, however that has more to do with getting extremely busy than anything else. This is not to say I have given up in any way on my determination to see if being successful in freeroll tournaments can't eventually lead to the building of a bankroll. There may be some money available and possibly even some truth to the amazing accomplishments of Chris Ferguson in this area.


Since I last spoke to you about my endeavours in this arena, I have entered a couple freeroll tournaments with some success. Generally what happens is I enter the freeroll where I hope to finish high enough that I gain a ticket to another tournament where there is some payoff for finishing high enough in that. So it is a two tier process. So far, I have achieved some limited success.


I have finished high enough on one occasion to move onto the second tournament where I finished in the money. Hang on to your hats. I made $1.00. It has been crazy almost impossible to move that money up. I have won a couple more qualifying tournaments and am trying to win another $1.00. I will let you know how that goes.


In the meantime, it has been hard to see how Ferguson could have made 10 or 20k in one year doing this considering how hard it is to move from the micro limits. However, I am not saying it is totally impossible, just simply a crazy hard challenge. I will keep you posted.

No comments: