Sunday, February 8, 2009

Party Poker Not What It Used to Be


The party seems to have really left Party Poker. It is one of the sites that I am experimenting with trying, much to my dismay, to repeat the great Chris Ferguson's 10k accomplishment from nothing. It is not easy going.


First off, the micro games where I am forced to dwell until I get any kind of roll started are brutal. Everyone is obviously playing for fun and doesn't really care about blowing a buck or two. I can't really blame them. There isn't much in terms of any real poker playing going on and who can expect anything different at that level. It is fun but there doesn't seem to be much hope in moving the roll forward.


The real unfortunate part about Party Poker now seems to be the incredibly lower membership. They just don't seem to have many players there at all any more. What is worse is that if you are interested in playing any other game besides Hold Em, there are very few games available. This kills me because Party Poker is where I used to make the most money online but now it is hard to keep a game going. For instance, if you enjoy playing stud, you will see at Party Poker tons of vacant tables. There just isn't any interest.


When I used to make money at Party Poker, I used to only enjoy playing the ten player tables. Now, those tables are few and far between if you want to play anything higher than $2/4. As such, even if I do manage to get some kind of roll started and want to rise up out of the micro limits, unfortunately, there isn't many games to go to.


What I have noticed in the games I have played now at Party Poker is a phenomenon that never used to occur. If you play at Party Poker now you will experience your game breaking up. That never used to happen before. So in addition to struggling to find a game that I enjoy, there is no guarantee that game will even last for long. The whole experience is unfortunate and I would love to know why so many people have left or choose not to play at Party Poker now. It isn't as if the federal legislation limiting American money transfers is the only reason. Americans are still playing at other sites. Poker Stars doesn't seem to be experiencing the same drop off. I'm sure Americans are still playing there.


If anybody knows the reason that Party Poker seems to have become so unpopular, I would love to know. I would also love to know how I could get more games going that I enjoy playing over at Party Poker but I suppose that would mean more players would have to come back to Party Poker. Therefore, somebody tell me what has happened to the party at Party Poker. I will keep you posted as I try to duplicate Ferguson's incredible achievement at Party Poker even if they only have one or two tables going.

No comments: